Tuesday 14 December 2010

Recital notes.

This Friday, Post-Museum staged a Recital progrAm featuring jeff, kai and Yuzuru. Three different sound artists.



I recorded the whole gig and thinking of showing some of the pieces online.

I enjoyed the interaction of the three of them musically. Yuzuru was playing two string instruments, one sitar like instrument and the other was an Okinawa instrument, which I cannot recall the name at this point. Kai played from an assortment of 'analog' effects devices. While Jeff was sampling both their sounds and adding a layer on top of their sounds.

Overall, the recital model gives the space for people to focus and listen to their sounds.

Wish there were more audience who could experience the show. On that I m quite disappointed with the turn out.

Ok, nxt blog entry, I should talk about the round table discussion held at substation after I hear the recording.

Transmission out!

No comments: